IMPORTANT NOTE: this course makes use of the Symbol Font, which comes with all Windows based computers; you will have to be using a browser that recognizes the FONT command in order to see the Greek text as Greek characters. Thus, you must be using Internet Explorer 3.0 or greater, or Netscape Navigator 3.0 or greater.
1. The purpose of this course is to enable the student to both be familiar with and practice the methods used in the study of the Bible.
2. To accomplish this purpose the student will be required to read the following lectures and complete fully the assignments made.
3. The textbooks for this course will be Rolf Rendtorff's Introduction to the Old Testament, Odil Hannes Steck's Exegesis of the Old Testament, Kurt Aland's Text of the New Testament, and Willi Marxsen's Introduction to the New Testament.
Books may be purchased through The Campus Bookstore.
4. The methods which will be studied in this course are:
5. At the conclusion of each of these sections, the student will be required to complete a reading assignment and a written assignment based on their reading and these lectures. The student's grade will depend completely on these assignments.
Copyright © Quartz Hill School of Theology. All Rights Reserved.