1. The purpose of this course is to introduce the student to the documents known as the Old Testament Pseudepigrapha.
2. The student will be required to read several pseudepigraphal works (which will be assigned as the course progresses). The textbook required for the course is The Old Testament Pseudepigrapha vol. 1 and 2, ed. James H. Charlesworth. Both volumes will be used during the course so both will be needed.
These books may be purchased through The Campus Bookstore.
3. During the course of the lectures the student will be given assigned readings.
4. At the conclusion of the course the student will be given a final exam to complete and submit for evaluation.
5. The outline of the course will be as follows:
a- Introduction and Definitions
b- Selected Apocalyptic Materials
c- Selected Testaments
d- Wisdom Literatures
e- Selected Prayers and Psalms
All Sections Below Must Be Completed:
Copyright © Quartz Hill School of Theology. All Rights Reserved.